Friday, March 4, 2011

Not what I was expexting

race:Dinuba criterium
cat: elite 3
field: ~30
teammates: n/a
result:8th


So after two hard days of racing I was pretty tired, but high off the teams success I decided to race a third day.

The course was shaped like a fat L, with a dip in the road at about 300meters to go and a massive tail wind sprint. The weather was nice and the field was the same size it had been all week. I started off just riding around the top 15 guys until some how, a guy overlapped wheels and crashed himself out. I decided it was time to move up and about mid way through the race I began to feel the last two days.

With 3 to go I was sitting comfortably in the top 10 just buying my time. When we came around for the bell lap I was sitting second wheel, a little further to the front then I wanted but still great positioning. The guy on the front had two teammates behind me so I had my fingers crossed he was gonna drag me all the way to the line. But with two turns to go he sat up and a group of 7 guys came shooting by me on the left. I jumped in behind them and out of the final turn I couldn't come around anyone.

It was nice to see that after two solid days of racing, I could still ride hard at the front. It was a great weekend for us as a team and I can't wait for Madera.

3 comments:

The Septic Tank Blog said...

I have really enjoyed your site. Keep up the good work

The Septic Tank Blog said...

I have really enjoyed your site. Keep up the good work

toryburchshoesbags said...

To meet for the demand of baseball game that needs additional grip on the grassy field, Hogan Online
a pair of spiked sneakers is of necessity, for which would be the premise of a successful baseball match. Spiked soles of the baseball sneakers Hogan Onlinehave the function of tightening grip over the ground by not letting you to fall down even the surface is slick with rain. Baseball sneakers Franklin Marshall Hoodies
are designed for you with molded rubber cleats and heel pull tab for easy wear as well as to exhibit excellent traction over the ground. Abercrombie and Fitch ClothingFew sneakers are even available with baseball design at the side for stylish look.